Air Madagascar (MD / 258)
Air Madagascar: Baggage Information
Note: Guideline Only
The baggage on Air Madagascar flights are now governed by the piece concept. The volume of your cabin baggage is regulated. A display unit is available at the check-in for you to check.
Hand baggage :
Different measures apply to the baggages a passenger can take into the cabin on Air Madagascar flights.
- The maximum dimensions of cabin luggage piece are : L + w + h = 115 cm, (eg 55 + 45 + 15 or 55 + 40 + 20) ... and do not exceed the authorized weight of the deductible .
- A garment bag is considered a standard cabin baggage.
- In addition, only one accessory of choice (purse but not a bag, slimline laptop, camera, suitcase ...) The saddlebags ultra-slim laptops must be of a size and thickness specially designed to carry a laptop and charger. The bags taht can carry other items such as documents and clothes will be refused.
- We recommend that you take all cash, jewellery, urgent medication and personal documents, or any other valuables with you into the cabin for security reasons.
- The piece of luggage acceptance outsized in cabin is subject to the agreement of the Captain and / or Station Manager. A fee will be charged according to the cases
Baggage in the hold
- 32 kg for passengers in Business class on all of our networks (except on flights operated on ATR 42 and twin otter )
- 23 kg for passengers in economy class on long haul and regional flight.
- 20 kg for passengers in economy class on Domestic flights (except for tickets at promotional prices or discounts).
Air Madagascar: Fleet & Route Information
Air Madagascar operates:
- 02 long-haul destinations: Paris, Marseille
- 05 regional destinations: Reunion, Mauritius, Comoros, Seychelles and Mayotte.
- 11 domestic destinations, including main cities such as Tamatave, Fort-Dauphin and Tulear, and major tourist cities of Nosy Be, Diego Suarez or Sainte Marie.
Key figure of air transport in the Indian Ocean region, Air Madagascar has extended offers through flights operated in code share with its partners :
- Partnership with Air Mauritius allows 06 weekly flights between Antananarivo and Port Louis.
- Partnership with Air Austral allows daily flight between Antananarivo and Saint-Denis.
- Partnership with Air Seychelles allows services to Mahé- Seychelles.
Air Madagascar will soon be able to enhance connections through multiple choices of flights and destinations with more codeshare partnerships.
Frequencies between France and Madagascar :
- Antananarivo-Paris-Antananarivo : 02 frequencies /week
- Antananarivo-Marseille Antananarivo : 01 frequency / week
Frequencies between China and Madagascar :
- Antananarivo-Guangzhou-Antananarivo : 02 frequencies / week
Number of passengers carried : 467 000
- 2 Airbus A340-300,
- 1Boeing B737-800,
- 2 ATR 72-600,
- 2 ATR 72-500,
- 3 De Havilland Twin Otter
PART-145 aircraft maintenance certification guaranteeing aircraft maintenance compliant with European standards.
IOSA certification renewed in December 2016 and is valid for two (02) years
Staff: + 900 employees