Ethiopian Airlines (ET / 071)
Ethiopian Airlines, founded in 1945, is the flag carrier of Ethiopia based at Bole International Airport in Addis Ababa. Ethiopian Airlines serves more cities in Africa than any other carrier. Its network currently includes 20 domestic and over 80 international destinations in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia.
Ethiopian Airways - COVID19
UPDATED 18 March 2020
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak globally, flights are impacted as various countries implemented travel restrictions. Considering the challenges faced by our esteemed passengers and agents, ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES has introduced a detailed guideline as follows.
This policy is applicable to COVID-19 impacted destinations.
Rebooking Policy for Impacted Countries/Cities:
- Change fees are not applicable to tickets issued anytime for travel from 04-MAR-2020 onwards till 30-JUNE-20. If there is a difference in the airfare or applicable taxes, due to the reissue/rerouting of the ticket, the additional amount will need to be collected.
- Customers can change their booking to travel on/or before December 31, 2020.
- Changes should be done at least 48 hours before original scheduled flight departure.
1) Refund Policy for impacted Countries/Cities:
- Refund permitted free of charge if only original flight shown on the ticket is CANCELLED.
- Refund can also be made free of charge by issuing a voucher of equal amount to be used within one year of issue.
- If further transportation voucher (EMD) latter required to be refunded to Cash, it can be fully refunded till 31-DEC- 2020.If Voucher to be used for service purchase, 100% will be honoured.
- Rule applies for both refundable and non-refundable tickets
- Full Refund is authorized for travel dates between 04-MAR-2020 till 30- JUN-2020.
- Refunds should be done at least 48 hours before original scheduled flight departure.
- No show fee will apply at all times except when flight was cancelled involuntarily by the airline.
2) Rerouting policy:
- Rerouting is permitted applying the applicable differences in fares, fees and taxes. All other rules and conditions shall apply per system.
3) Agents can re-issue, refund or re-route the ticket on their respective GDS by inserting the Code- HDQ409B on the ticket endorsement box.
4) Impacted Countries/Regions
Please refer to the updated list of the impacted countries on our website using the below link.
Please contact our ticket desk for further information on the below email:
Our member airlines include many of the world’s top aviation companies as well as smaller regional airlines. Together, they offer easy connections to almost any destination in the world. Each airline maintains its own individual style and cultural identity, bringing the richness of diversity and multiculturalism to the alliance. At the same time each airline shares a common dedication to the highest standards of safety and customer service.
- Adria Airways
- Aegean Airways
- Air Canada
- Air China
- Air India
- Air New Zealand
- Asiana Airlines
- Austrian Airways
- Brussels Airlines
- Copa Airlines
- Croatia Airlines
- Ethiopian Airlines
- EVA Air
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Shenzhen Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- South Africa Airways
- TAP Portugal
- Turkish Airlines
Ethiopian Airlines News/Updates
5 February 2019:
Ethiopian Inaugurates Airport Terminal Expansion and New Hotel
5 November 2018:
Ethiopian to Connect Africa with Russia
12 July 2018:
Ethiopian Airlines to Resume Flights to Asmara
9 July 2018:
Ethiopian Airlines Receives Africa’s Largest 737 MAX
19 June 2018:
Chicago Joins Ethiopian Airlines Global Network