American Express Travel Insurance
Whether you’re lying on the beach, exploring a bustling city or heading off to a work meeting, travel is always a welcome break from your routine. But things can also go wrong - from delayed flights, lost baggage to falling ill in a foreign country. That’s where travel insurance can protect you and your wallet from these unforeseen events, so you can have peace of mind and enjoy your trip stress-free.
As an American Express Cardmember, you get basic automatic travel insurance for both local and international travel when you purchase your travel ticket(s) on your American Express® Credit Card1.
Basic Automatic Cover has the following exclusions:
- Pre-existing medical conditions are not covered
- Hazardous pursuits, partaking in activities that can endanger your life, like sky diving
As with all policies, conditions do apply. Because certain events and pre-existing medical conditions are not covered under the basic automatic insurance, we have arranged top-up packages to enhance your cover. These include:
- Three options of incremental medical emergency cover, and cover for baggage loss, baggage delay, missed travel connections and ticket upgrades.2
- Additional Medical Emergency Cover
- Cancellation of trip
- Cutting journey short due unforeseen emergency circumstances
- Travel delay
- Emergency medical and related expenses for a medical conditions that existed prior to travel
- Baggage loss, baggage delay, missed travel connections
- Cover for senior travellers (between the ages of 75 and 85)
If you require additional cover you can buy the optional top-up cover at an affordable fee.