Posted: 19 Mar 2018 International Happiness Day - where to find your happy place with Trafalgar
5 Places to find Happiness this International Happiness Day
March 20 is International Happiness Day, the day designated by the United Nations that recognizes the pursuit of happiness as a fundamental human goal.
If happiness is on your must-do list, guided global holiday company Trafalgar is on a mission to help travellers pursue the good life with suggestions on how to experience the five happiest places on earth – Finland, Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Switzerland according to the UN’s just released the World Happiness Report:
- While its long, dark and cold days seems at odds with its listing as the happiest place on earth, Finland is a delightful surprise. Trafalgar’s 15-day Best of Finland Russia and The Baltic States Summer 2018 trip begins in the country’s hip capital city, Helsinki and continues to Russia’s s must-see cities, plus Europe's eastern gems. Rates this summer start at R46 895 per person.
- Tales of Vikings and trolls await on Trafalgar’s epic Best of Norway trip, a 9-day journey through Norway, the second happiest place. Rates this summer begin at R37 185 per person to take in the startling beauty of this Scandinavian country and her people, including dinner with the 5th generation Øvre-Eide family on their livestock farm, which has been a working farm since the 1500s.
- Third on the happiness list is Denmark and Trafalgar’s 14-day Scenic Scandinavia and its Fjords Summer 2018 trip makes it easy to discover the deep fjords, glaciers and islands that line the Scandinavian coastline. Discover people and place that inspired Hans Christian Andersen to share tales of mermaids, queens and ugly ducklings. Per person rates this summer start at R50 135 per person.
- This year’s fourth happiest destination – Iceland, is also one of the world’s hottest places to visit and Trafalgar’s 10-day Ultimate Iceland Summer 2018 makes it easy to discover the stunning scenery of this country and the warmth of the Icelanders. Trafalgar exclusives such as a visit to a local horse farm where you'll learn about the pure Icelandic breed, make this happy indeed. Rates this summer start at R81 400 per person.
- Wrapping up the top 5 happiest places is Switzerland and Trafalgar’s 8-day Contrasts of Switzerland Summer 2018 trip highlighting the diversity of this happy place, from its natural mountain scenery, lakes, and refined resorts to its cosmopolitan cities. This trip includes the stunning Glacier Express Train through the Swiss Alps from St. Moritz to Zermatt. Rates start at R35 275 per person for travel this summer.
Best of all, from now through to 29 March, Trafalgar is offering an early payment discount of 7.5% off per person on holidays in Europe and Britain. With an unsurpassed network of resident experts – from chefs and artisans to historians and farmers, Trafalgar makes it easy for travellers to eat, drink and get happy like a local.