Posted: 19 Nov 2018 Queen Elizabeth undergoes refit | 14-30 November 2018
Cunard’s youngest ship, Queen Elizabeth, is currently undergoing a refit at the yard of Damen Shiprepair in Brest France.
Several areas of the ship will undergo refurbishment during the 16 day dry-dock, including the refreshment of some public rooms, update all suites and staterooms’ soft furnishings and carpets while completing scheduled maintenance on the ships technical equipment.
- Scheduled technical maintenance requiring dry dock facilities and access
- Complete external repaint including hull and super structure
- All Grill Suites and Britannia Staterooms will have new carpets with an updated design and refreshed soft furnishings
- The Royal Court Theatre will have a complete technical overhaul including an upgrade of the control systems for audio and visual
- A variety of public rooms, bars and lounges, along with the alleyways will have new carpets with and updated design
- A refresh and update of deck furniture around the ship
- The aft sun deck will have a new layout and enhanced furniture
- Refresh of the spa and beauty salon
- The Royal Arcade will be renovated and updated with new shopping experience
The Cunard teams have been busy over the past year bringing new products and service to guests on Queen Elizabeth, while in service. These include:
- Gin & Fizz launched at the Midships Bar
- Alfresco dining on the aft sun deck
- Lion’s Share Afternoon Tea at the Golden Lion
In addition to the new products, Queen Elizabeth is also set to take a new direction, literally, with some exciting new itineraries. She will set sail from Southampton, UK on 3 January 2019 to Australia via Cape Town, South Africa. The ship will be based in Australia until 30 March 2019, then depart to Tokyo, Japan for three voyages exploring the cultural delights of the islands. On 5 May 2019 a transpacific voyage begins to relocate the ship to Alaska for a maiden season until 30 June 2019 when Queen Elizabeth will head back to Southampton via the Panama Canal.