Heathrow Express offers the fastest journey between the airport and central London.
Route: London Paddington - Heathrow
Non-stop trains run every 15 minutes. The journey between London Paddington and Heathrow Central takes 15 minutes (a few minutes more for Terminals 4 or 5).
Trains run between 05:10 and 23:25 from Paddington, and between 05:03 and 23:58 from Heathrow.
Monday - Thursday: after 22:00, trains depart every 30 minutes
Valid Rail Passes: Britrail Passes are valid. The Heathrow Express is not part of the Transport for London network, therefore your Oyster Card, London Underground Travel Card and Freedom Pass will not be valid. See here for more details.
Heathrow - Paddington:
- If you’re arriving at Terminal 2, Terminal 3, follow signs to the Heathrow Express station. From there, take a Heathrow Express service to London Paddington – transfer time is 15 minutes.
- In Terminal 5 the station is at basement level and reached by lift or escalator. All trains call at Heathrow Terminals 2 and 3 and then run non-stop to London Paddington – total transfer time is 21 minutes.
- In Terminal 4, take the free transfer to Heathrow Terminals 2 and 3 (departures every 15 minutes, travel time four minutes). From there, take a Heathrow Express service to London Paddington – transfer time is 15 minutes.
Paddington - Heathrow:
Trains usually depart from Platforms 6 and 7 at London Paddington.
- If you’re going to Terminal 2 or Terminal 3, board any train and get off at Heathrow Terminal 2 and 3. Journey time is 15 minutes.
- For Terminal 5, get on the London-Heathrow train at Paddington and stay on board at Heathrow Terminal 2 & 3 – all trains continue to Terminal 5, arriving 6 minutes later.
- For Terminal 4, change at Heathrow Terminal 2 and 3 and catch the free transfer service. Trains are conveniently timed so they connect directly with the Heathrow Express arrival from London. These connecting trains depart every 15 minutes and travel time is 4 minutes.
- Paddington Station is at the heart of London’s West End and has excellent connections to the rest of the city by taxi, bus or London Underground (District, Circle and Hammersmith and City lines).
- The station is a short walk from Bayswater shopping centre, Hyde Park and Little Venice. The area is home to some renowned hotels, including the Hilton and Corus Hyde Park, as well as plenty of restaurants and bars.