Queensland Coastal Pass
The Queensland Coastal Pass is the most flexible, easy and versatile way to discover the east coast of Queensland by rail. With unlimited stopovers in one direction between Brisbane and Cairns (or vice versa), it’s your ticket to the east coast’s most popular destinations. No matter where you’re heading, your adventure begins the moment you board the train. Sit back, relax and watch the scenery go by, strike up a conversation with a fellow traveller, or get up and enjoy a meal onboard as you look forward to your next destination.
The Queensland Coastal Pass is available for travel in economy seats on the following Queensland Rail Travel services:
• Spirit of the Queensland (Premium Economy Seats)
• Tilt Train (Economy Seats)
• Spirit of the Outback (Economy Seats; between Brisbane and Rockhampton only)
Upon payment of the applicable difference in fares pass holders may upgrade to:
• Business Seats (Tilt Train only)
• RailBeds (Spirit of Queensland only)
• First Class Sleeping Berths (Spirit of the Outback only)
Terms and Conditions
1. Purchasers have six months from the date of purchase to commence travel.
2. The Queensland Coastal Pass is not transferable to other customers.
3. Available for travel in one direction only (either north or south) on all Queensland Rail Travel coastal long distance services and connecting coach services. Travel on the Kuranda Scenic Rail and Gulflander services is not permitted. Customers may not backtrack to travel on an unused sector.
4. The pass is only available for purchase by bona fide overseas visitors to Australia, including international visitors on working holiday and student visas. Proof of non-Australian residency may be required - passport, drivers licence, home address, etc can be used to verify this.
5. Purchase of a Queensland Coastal Pass does not guarantee that the holder will be able to obtain accommodation on any long distance rail service. Reservations are essential on these services.
6. Proof of purchase of a Queensland Coastal Pass is required when undertaking the actual travel on the long distance services.
7. Travel is subject to Queensland Rail’s Conditions of Carriage.
8. Customers are entitled to one journey on Brisbane’s City network when in possession of a confirmed booking on the Queensland Rail Travel network to connect with a Queensland Rail Travel service.
9. No refund will be given once a pass has been used to commence travel, nor are refunds allowed on lost, stolen, cancelled or expired passes.
10. Travel directly from Brisbane to Cairns (or vice versa) is not permitted. A minimum of one break of journey is compulsory.
11. Any ticketed reservation not cancelled before scheduled departure time of the service will render that sector unavailable for future travel.