Queensland Explorer Pass
The Queensland Explorer Pass offers unlimited travel for one or two months across the Queensland Rail Travel network. See every corner of Queensland; from Cairns in the north, to Brisbane in the south and the Queensland Outback that extends to Charleville, Longreach and Mount Isa.
Queensland Explorer Pass benefits include:
• Travel can be taken over a one or two month period
• Unlimited stopovers in any direction of travel in economy seats. Backtracking is allowed
• Free travel on RailBus coach connections booked in conjunction with a rail sector (for Hervey Bay, Yeppoon, Airlie Beach, Winton, Quilpie and Cunnamulla)
• Exceptional value for money
• Freedom and flexibility—travel at your own pace and hop on or off the train when and where you like
Save with the Queensland Explorer Pass
The Queensland Explorer Pass is available for travel in economy seats on the following Queensland Rail Travel services:
• Spirit of Queensland (Premium Economy Seats)
• Spirit of the Outback
• Tilt Train (Economy Seats only)
• The Inlander
• The Westlander
Upon payment of the applicable difference in fares pass holders may upgrade to:
• Business Seat (Tilt Train only)
• RailBed (Spirit of Queensland only)
• First Class Sleeping Berth (Spirit of the Outback only)
Terms and conditions
1. Purchasers have six months from the date of purchase to commence travel.
2. The Queensland Explorer Pass is not transferable to other customers.
3. Available for unlimited travel in all Queensland Rail Travel long distance services and connecting coach services. Travel on the Kuranda Scenic Rail and Gulflander services is not permitted.
4. The pass is only available for purchase by bona fide overseas visitors to Australia, including international visitors on working holiday and student visas. Proof of non-Australian residency may be required - passport, drivers licence, home address, etc can be used to verify this.
5. Purchase of a Queensland Explorer Pass does not guarantee that the holder will be able to obtain accommodation on any long distance rail service. Reservations are essential on these services.
6. Proof of purchase of a Queensland Explorer Pass is required when undertaking the actual travel on the long distance services.
7. Travel is subject to Queensland Rail’s Conditions of Carriage.
8. Customers are entitled to one journey on Brisbane’s City network when in possession of a confirmed booking on the Queensland Rail Travel network to connect with a Queensland Rail Travel service.
9. No refund will be given once a pass has been used to commence travel, nor are refunds allowed on lost, stolen, cancelled or expired passes.