Japan Rail East Tohoku Area Pass
Who can use it: The JR EAST PASS (Tohoku area) is a special discounted pass available only to travellers visiting Japan (with a short-term visa no longer than 90 days) and holding a non-Japanese passport.
Designated areas: It allows unlimited rides on all JR East train lines in the JR EAST PASS (Tohoku area) designated area. Recommended for people traveling to Aomori, Sendai and Nikko.
Valid Train Routes: Unlimited travel on local, limited express and express trains including Shinkansen trains on the following rail company lines:
- JR East Lines (including BRT*)
- Izu Kyuko Line
- Aoimori Railway
- Iwate Galaxy Railway (IGR)
- Tokyo Monorail
- Sendai Airport Transit
- The following limited express trains that directly run between the JR East lines and Tobu Railway lines: the Nikko, the SPACIA Nikko, the Kinugawa, and the SPACIA Kinugawa.
- The pass can be used for travel on local and rapid trains between Shimo-imaichi and Tobu-nikko/Kinugawa-onsen on Tobu Railway Lines. Between Kurihashi and Shimo-imaichi Stations, the pass may be used only on limited express trains that connect directly with Tobu Railway Lines.**
* Bus rapid transit.
**The JR EAST PASS (Tohoku area) may be used for Tobu Railway Lines as long as either the departing or destination station is on a JR line.
The JR EAST PASS (Tohoku area) is not valid for the Tokaido Shinkansen as that is operated by a different rail company.
GALA Yuzawa Station is in operation only in winter and spring.
Special operating intervals and trains may be in service to meet the needs in the aftermath of the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami.
The JR EAST PASS (Tohoku area) is not valid for JR buses.
Notes for Travel Agents:
- When selling an Exchange Order (e-ticket) with GDS (global distribution system), enter "9B" as the carrier code, "XZJ" for the departure, and "XZP" for the arrival.
- GDS that can issue passes: Amadeus, Abacus, Sabre, Galileo, Apollo, WorldSpan, Topas, TravelSky
- For further information on Exchange Order (e-ticket) sales refer to the AccesRail sales manual.