Japan Rail East South Hokkaido Rail Pass
Who can use it: The JR East-South Hokkaido Rail Pass is a special discounted pass available only to travelers visiting Japan (with a short-term visa no longer than 90 days) and holding a non-Japanese passport.
Designated area: Within the JR East-South Hokkaido Rail Pass valid area, this pass allows unlimited rides on the JR Hokkaido Lines and on JR East Lines. Convenient for travel from Narita or Haneda Airport to the general Tokyo region and from New Chitose Airport to greater Sapporo, the pass allows unlimited rides even on the Shinkansen and limited express trains to move around Tokyo and reach such destinations as Aomori and Sendai. Also, this pass can be used on the Hokkaido Shinkansen
Valid Train Routes:
Within the valid area, get unlimited travel on regular designated seats on limited express, express, rapid and local trains as well as the Shinkansen.
- JR Hokkaido lines
- JR East Lines (including BRT*)
- Izu Kyuko Line
- Tokyo Monorail
- Aoimori Railway
- Iwate Galaxy Railway (IGR)
- Sendai Airport Transit
- This pass can be used for travel on local and rapid trains between Shimo-imaichi and Tobu-nikko/Kinugawa-onsen on Tobu Railway Lines. Between Kurihashi and Shimo-imaichi Stations, the pass may be used only on limited express trains that connect directly with Tobu Railway Lines.**
- * Bus rapid transit.
- ** This pass may be used for Tobu Railway Lines as long as either the departing or destination station is on a JR line.
- This pass is not valid for the Tokaido Shinkansen as that is operated by a different rail company.
- GALA Yuzawa Station is in operation only in winter and spring.
- Special operating intervals and trains may be in service to meet the needs in the aftermath of the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami.
- This pass is not valid for JR buses.
- This pass not valid between Goryokaku Sta. and Kikonai Sta. on the "South Hokkaido Railway" line.
This pass can be used only on Ordinary cars. It is not valid for travel on Green Cars, GranClass, individual compartments, Liners or sleeper cars.
Green Cars, GranClass, individual compartments, Liners, sleeper cars: When using such accommodations, please purchase the required ticket. See the station employees for further details.