The Czech Republic is the perfect ski destination for inexperienced skiiers who want to learn and have fun.
The Czech Republic is surrounded by mountains and has good winter conditions for several months. Most ski resorts are situated in National Parks, making for some truly scenic skiing experiences.
Although not suited for more experienced skiiers, the slopes are generally more gentle than the Alps, which makes them perfect for beginners and inexperienced skiiers who want to learn to ski in a truly beautiful environment.
Where to ski:
- The Krkonoše Mountains are the highest and the most popular mountains in Bohemia.
- The Krušný Mountain Range is home to various spa villages - ideal for combining your ski holiday with relaxation and rejuvination
- Šumava ski area has lower mountains, but the resorts are cheaper and less crowded. Ideal for families.
- Orlicky mountains have 80 kilometers of cross-country trails
- Beskydy Mountain Range offers cross-country trails through untouched nature, a relaxed environment and true hospitality
Ski Season in Czech Republic:
- Most ski resorts open in mid-December, which a few opening in late November or early December
- The resorts are generally open until the end of March, with some staying open until April