Welcome to The GSA’s website, www.thegsa.co.za. With more than 35 years travel industry experience, The GSA is a travel marketing and media company based in South Africa.
By using this website, you agree to the terms and conditions as they are set out below.
The terms ‘The GSA’, ‘The GSA website’, 'GSA Preferred Supplier Portfolio', 'Travel Ideas Publishing (Pty) Ltd', 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website. Our company registration number is 2017/383756/07.
The term 'you' or ‘your’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The GSA is committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy sets out how we collect, use and store information from you, the user.
We may collect and store information that you provide on our website for the purpose of:
- Registering a user name and password
- Entering competitions
- Participating in surveys
- Any communication which you have with us, including the online chat facility
- When you report a problem with the website or sites
- Use of The GSA Connect social platform
- Any information you supply to use for use on the website, including reviews
We may also collect and store information about your browsing experience on our website using cookies or as supplied by Google Analytics.
Cookie and Web Beacon Policy
This website lists third party websites. Although we aim to include only safe, relevant and quality external links, users are advised to exercise caution when clicking on external links and to check the cookie policies of the third-party websites. Users should note that clicking on any link is done so at their risk.
Third Party Advertisements and Double Click Policy
We use third party advertisements on www.thegsa.co.za to support our site, including the Google Adsense program. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited. You can opt out of personalized advertising by visiting Ads Settings (https://www.google.com/settings/ads).
We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests (”interest based targeting”).
The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting Las Vegas, you may see Las Vegas hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as on a site about hockey). DART uses “non personally identifiable information”. It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers.
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
We may ask for and record personal information from you when you register to use our service, including:
- Your name, email address, telephone number and company name
- Username and password
We use this information to:
- Administer the website
- Improve our website and user experience
- Publish information you have supplied to use for use on the website
- Respond to queries raised by you
- Allow you to make use of our website and services
- Allow you to participate in our interactive social platform
- Notify you of any changes to our services.
- Send you communication, including newsletters as set out in the “Contact and Communication” clause below.
Your personal information is kept until such time as it is no longer required.
Contact and Communication
By registering to use our website, you will automatically opt-in to receive communication from us including, but not limited to:
Should you wish to unsubscribe from these services, please contact us on email@example.com or follow the links in the above communications received by you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not disclose personal information to our advertisers, but we may supply them with aggregated information about our users and number of visitors our website receives.
Protection of Personal Information
The GSA Connect and other Social Media Platforms
The GSA Connect is a social media platform for the sharing of travel market related information. The GSA also makes use of Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms to communicate with its users. Users are advised to engage in social media platforms with due caution in regards to their personal details. The GSA will not ask for sensitive information from its users over social media and we encourage our users not to give sensitive or personal information in this way.
This website uses social media share buttons which help share information from this website to the relevant social media platform. Users are advised that they make use of these buttons at their own discretion and that the social media platform may track and save your request.
Standard Terms & Conditions For Competitions
- The promotor of the competition is Travel Ideas Publishing (Pty) Ltd t/a GSA Preferred Supplier Portfolio
- The Competition is open to all Registered Users of The GSA Website, excluding:
- Employees of The GSA and their family members
- Anyone else connected with the Competition or setting the competition up
- Any person who has won a Competition with The GSA within the last 3 months
- Entry details will be found on The GSA Website.
- The closing date for the Competition will be clearly advertised on the Competition page. After this date, no further entries will be accepted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received.
- The GSA reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition due to unforeseen circumstances. Any changes to the Competition will be communicated.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner(s) will be responsible for any expenses not included in the Competition.
- Unless otherwise stated, the competition winner will be drawn at random. This decision will be final.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the competition winner.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.
The GSA website provides a platform for travel and market related discussion on topics affecting the travel industry. Discussion threads should be kept on topic, and all users should be respectful of others.
By using this website and making use of the discussion boards and interactive features, you agree to the following:
- You agree not to transmit any material that is unlawful, harmful, defamatory, abusive, threatening, vulgar or obscene.
- You remain liable to any third party for your comments.
- The GSA is not liable to any third party for the content of your comments.
- The GSA will moderate and remove any comments found to violate this clause and may suspend the user from making use of this website.
- Any uploaded content, including avatar images, photographs and videos, should adhere to this policy.
If you wish to report a User for not adhering to the code of conduct, kindly contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suspension of Accounts
The GSA reserves the right to suspend, deactivate or remove any User account.
The GSA acts as a marketing agent and information service to the travel trade. Information and services on our website is supplied by certain third party service providers, including tour operators, hotels, car rental agencies, airlines, and other organisations.
Products and services contained on this website are on offer by third parties, and not by Travel Ideas Publishing (Pty) Ltd.
The information on this website is intended for use within the travel trade and industry. You may distribute information which is intended for that purpose. You may not use the information for any other purposes, or to the extent that it is limited in the Terms and Conditions policy.
This website and its content is copyright of The GSA - © 2017 Travel Ideas Publishing (Pty) Ltd. All rights reserved.
The names, images and logos identifying The GSA, Travel Ideas Publishing (Pty) Ltd and other third parties are subject to design rights and trademarks.
The GSA aims to keep all information up to date and correct, however we cannot guarantee the completeness and accuracy of the information, as changes do occur quite frequently and inaccuracies or errors may occur. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage arising from the use of this website and the information contained therein, including loss or damage which results from incorrect, inaccurate or outdated information.
The information on this website is intended for use by the South African travel trade. We cannot guarantee that the information will be applicable beyond this scope.
The use of the information on this website is solely at your own risk.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of The GSA. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. Although we aim to include only safe, relevant and quality external links, the inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa in respect of any disputes of any sort that might arise between you and The GSA.
If any part of this policy is found to be invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition. Should we choose not to enforce any provision of this policy, this does not at any time waive our right to enforce this policy in the future.
The GSA is open weekdays from 08h30 – 17h00, and is closed on public holidays and weekends. We will tend to all queries during working hours.
If you wish to contact us regarding updating or removing your personal information, please contact us on email@example.com.
If you wish to contact us regarding the personal information that we hold about you or the way in which your personal information is being used for marketing services, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.